New Government advice website for COVID-19 patients
The government have launched a new website for patients to use in finding out what help they can get if affected by coronavirus. This service is available to all patients who are seeking advice and guidance on the topics such as:
- feeling unsafe
- going in to work
- paying bills or being unemployed
- getting food
- having somewhere to live
- mental health and wellbeing.
Due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak the surgery has devised some FAQ's
Yes the surgery is open from 8am – 6.30pm but we are not seeing patients face to face so the doors are closed. We are working making telephone calls and video calls that you can pre book online or via the telephone. We have allocated time slots between 11am-12pm and 3pm-4pm for collection of prescriptions, forms/letters, specimen bottles etc. If you have Coronavirus, are in isolation or are having symptoms please DO NOT attend the surgery and arrange for someone to collect on your behalf.
- Can I call the call the Surgery?
Yes, you can call the surgery between 8am and 6.30pm, but as you can imagine, we have a very high call volume coming in so it may be a long wait on the phone.
- How can I request a prescription?
There are a few ways you can request a prescription:
- You can also contact your pharmacy and ask them to request your medication on your behalf.
- You can submit your request via email: email@example.com with your name, date of birth and what medication you require.
- You can submit a written request and put it in the black post box outside with your name, date of birth and medication required.
- How can I get an isolation note?
You can go online to https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app/isolation-note/ . The surgery will not be able to issue sick notes for self-isolation.
- What should I do if I start to show symptoms or have been in contact with someone who is showing symptoms of coronavirus?
Please follow the nhs advice given on their website as this is forever changing, the website is https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Can I book a GP appointment?
We are currently not seeing patients face to face. However, if you have an issue that cannot be discussed with a pharmacist you can book a telephone consultation and the GP can call you to discuss any issue that you may have.
- Can I book a nurse’s appointment?
Please contact the surgery to discuss booking a nurse’s appointment as we are currently booking appointments for very limited reasons.
I am not feeling well but don’t want to come to the surgery if I don’t have to and I don’t think its coronavirus, what can I do?
You can go online to the website https://www.nhs.uk/ for advice on all health related issues and they will advise whether you need to speak to a GP or if you can look after yourself safely at home. We also strongly recommend downloading the NHS app as you can do all of above mentioned plus link your app to your GP surgery and make telephone appts, order medications etc.